If you need something to warm you up at lunchtime, with its hints of Spanish paprika and roasted red pepper this simple soup is just the ticket.
Recipe: Chorizo and red pepper soup
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves: 2
Nutritional info per serving
Calories: 332 calories | Total fat: 16g | Carbs: 27.3g | Protein: 18g
- 100g chorizo
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 1/2tsp chilli flakes
- 2tsp tomato puree
- 500ml passata
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 300ml water
- 2tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the chorizo into small pieces and fry in a non-stick pan over a medium heat until it is lightly crisped and it has released its oils.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan, leaving the oil in the pan and fry the chopped onion for 5 minutes until soft, then add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Next, add the spices along with the tomato puree and stir in to cook out the tomato puree.
- Stir in the passata, along with the chopped red peppers, chorizo and water and bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with some chopped parsley.
This soup is really simple to make and is something a bit different to your usual carrot and coriander or minestrone. You can buy the roasted peppers in a jar for ease if you don’t have time to make your own. This is a low cal soup that definitely does not skimp on taste – perfect for sticking in a soup flask before heading to work.