MAN v FAT pledges to support Armed Forces
MAN v FAT has signed the Armed Forces Covenant publically supporting those who serve, or have served, and their families and ensuring they are treated fairly.
The MAN v FAT membership already has many links to the Armed Forces, and the men’s weight loss programme will support the key principle that the Armed Forces community should face no disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services when compared to other citizens.
Richard Crick, Head of MAN v FAT said ‘We have signed the Armed Forces Covenant to show our commitment to the Armed Forces community because many members of our existing MAN v FAT members and their families have strong connections in the Forces.
“What’s more, many of our male weight loss clubs are based in towns and cities up and down the country that are home to military bases. We are always keen to support the communities in which we deliver our programme and working with both current and previous Armed Forces personnel and administration staff is another way in which we intend to do that.”
MAN v FAT has signed a host of commitments in their Armed Forces Covenant, including:-
– offer work placements, insight days, mentoring schemes and ensuring that Veterans seeking employment are aware of our full and part time vacancies
– Engaging with the Career Transition Partnership, which helps those leaving active service to find new roles
– Support or promote Armed Forces events, such as Armed Forces Day, the Poppy Appeal and Remembrance activities.
– Appoint an Armed Forces Champion within MAN v FAT to act as a focal point for organising and promoting support for the Armed Forces community
– Develop relationships and work collaboratively with other organisations supporting the Covenant and the Armed Forces community located in areas where our clubs run.
If you’re a current MAN v FAT member involved in the Armed Forces, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!