MAN v FAT Newsround 20/4/2018: Smashing Mashed Spuds
While the sun may have been shining this week, it doesn’t mean you can just give up on your weight loss regime! We are back to help you on your quest to lose pounds, by revealing a tasty alternative to fatty potato mash (which will also help you keep some pounds in your pocket too), with lots more cracking stories from the world of weight-loss and beyond in this weeks’ MAN v FAT newsround.
NEWS FROM THE MAN V FAT FOOTBALL LEAGUES
Ian in a Tutu
Since joining MAN v FAT Football in July 2016, it has been plain sailing for Weston league player Ian – that is until he had his first ever weight gain last week, resulting in him having to abide by his teams’ forfeit for when a player puts weight on. Ian, who had evaded the sanction for ten months, lost a bit of his dignity when he had to dress up in a ballerina tutu. We would love to hear about all of the wacky and crazy forfeits you have encountered whilst playing MAN v FAT Football.
Football Fabric Exhibition
Are you a lover of classic football shirts and based in the London area? The Fabric of Football exhibition at Newspeak House in Shoreditch might be of interest to you. Here you will be able to see hundreds of famous classic football shirts worn by some of the games’ greats in the flesh. It is quite literally a once in a lifetime opportunity as a lot of these shirts will never be exhibited again. It is a free exhibition so make sure you get yourself down – more information is available here.
WHAT WE’RE EATING
If you didn’t know already, Sainsbury’s has an incredible range of low-cal products, all designed to help make losing weight that little bit easier. One of our favourites in this range is the brilliant carrot & swede potato mash, which has just 109 calories per serving. It gives you the chance to enjoy the creamy delights of mash potato, without you feeling guilty. Ready in under eight minutes when microwaved, this quick, simple and easy product is available for a tasty £1.00 per packet.
WHAT WE’RE READING
- Ketamine is the latest drug which may have links to helping depression, according to studies.
- It seems the cure for relieving chronic back pain is rather surprising…
- One in fourteen men are predicted to be diagnosed with bowel cancer in their lifetime – read how you can reduce your chances here.
WHAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT ON THE MAN V FAT FORUM
- Binge eating is toxic to anyone trying to lose weight – this MAN v FAT forum member needs some tips on how to curb it.
- It can be a strange experience going for a run for the first time in years – follow this chaps story as he gets his trainers on once more.
- How have you been able to incorporate basic free weights and kettlebells into your exercise regimes, while working on a tight budget?
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“For weight-loss? None, zero, zilch, nada, doesn’t exist sorry mate…Weight-loss is purely an energy balance equation.” – @Maxnas on which supplements are the best for weight-loss. The short answer is that they do not exist.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.