Dressing to impress, Doritos, epic footy adventures and channelling your inner Boy Scout by always being prepared: this Newsround’s got it all.
From the MAN v FAT Football leagues
- Failure is just an opportunity to try again – and to prance around in a pink tutu for a little while for the Salad Dodgers of West Bromwich. Their team forfeit requires them getting in touch with their feminine side. Does your team have a forfeit for gains? Let us know on the forum!
- £125,000+ raised, 60,000 steps, 4000 calories burned, 400 blokes (from all over the UK), 26.3 miles and 5 litres of water consumed by MVFF coach Douglas every day. This week Doug embarked on an epic footy-themed marathon. As well as all that water, he swallowed his team pride (he’s a Gooner!) and put on the corresponding footy shirt for each stadium he walked past. There’s still time to sponsor Douglas who is raising money for Prostate Cancer UK who continue to support men, find answers & lead change to help more men survive prostate cancer.
- MAN v FAT Progress launches as part of your membership for MVFF players on Monday! We don’t want to spoil the surprise, so we’ll just say that it’s really awesome and you’re going to love it. Keep an eye for the email on Monday for joining instructions.
- Tomorrow is the big day! Yes, our St George’s Park tournament is finally here and we are EXCITED. If you’re going, enjoy your day and celebrate your progress – you’ve come a long way and you should be pretty proud.
In other news…
- We all have heard of sleep-wake cycles and that body clock but did you know there are several body clocks? Check it out. Apparently there’s some truth to that old saying “eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper”.
What we’re talking about
- Well done to forum user @Tim_Slade, who is absolutely smashing it. The now ex-diabetic has halved his cholesterol levels and has shed 5 stone in 6 months. Give your congratulations and wish him luck for tomorrow’s big day at SGP here!
- @Andrew_Field wants to let you lads know that if he can do it, anyone can. Having lost over 5 stone since February, I’m inclined to believe his motivational speech. He’s right, I don’t need that Mars bar.
- Just 9 weeks and the results have been emphatic, @NJR even got his kid’s seal of approval. Find out what slightly harsh but true compliment was given and congratulate him on his 10% here.
What we’re reading
- Some clients bare all to their personal trainers and coaches for the sake of their progress. This dude? He did just that and promptly got arrested…
- Rock hard abs are the dream for some but what does it mean if your belly is rock hard? Men’s Health tells us more…
- Turns out drinking fizzy water is just as beneficial as drinking the still stuff. If plain old water bores you, relax and get fizzy, as your rehydration will be just as good.
What we’re eating
Doritos Collisions are the crisps you never knew you needed. Two moorish flavours in one bag. One share size bag though, mind. I’ve got a feeling you’re going to need to measure these out. The flavours I’ve seen so far are Honey Glazed Ribs and Lemon, hopefully a flavour hit big enough to satisfy those cravings. The other flavour is Habanero and Guacamole so forgo the dip and save some calories. At 154kcal per serving, they can be a nice snack, as long as you hide the bag once you’ve dished them out so you don’t go back for seconds. Or thirds.
Quote of the week
QOTW comes from our very own Emma. This month we’re pushing prep and I think she’s hit the nail on the head.
“When you meal prep, you mean business. You’re a man with a plan and you’re not leaving anything to chance – you’re going to do whatever you can to see that number on the scale go down at your next weigh in.”