Staying Fit At Home: No gym? No problem!
Worried about staying fit at home? In need of some home-workout inspiration? We’ve got you!
Missing out on a gym session may lower your self-esteem, but you can complete that all-important session from the comfort of your own home. And you don’t need expensive equipment or the latest gear to get your sweat on, we just recommend grabbing a heap of motivation and picking an easy at home workout that suits your needs.
With the help of our friends, the protein powerhouses at Team Grenade®, we’ve shared our top effective exercises you can tackle to get blood pumping and your heart racing without stepping a foot out of the door.
Take a dip
‘Dips’ are a really simple way of targeting a wide range of key body areas; if training triceps, deltoids, the chest and the upper back is what you’re after, this exercise should be your go-to. And what’s better, any ‘equipment’ you may need are all things you’ll easily find at home – whether it’s the side of a bed, a sofa or a chair, there’s no excuse not to try this out.
- Simply stand in front of the chair, facing away from the seat.
- Sit down and place your hands behind your hips, lifting your bottom off the seat and walking your feet forwards.
- Then, slowly lower your body downwards, supporting your weight with your arms. Lift your body slowly upwards, still supporting yourself with your arms, and repeat this motion for 10-12 reps – rest and go again!
Image from Top End Sports, who have a great guide to wall squats on their website here.
Feel the burn with a wall squat
Want to put your glutes through their paces, but short on time and equipment? A simple wall squat will test your endurance, and can be done in next to no time.
- Stand with your back against a wall and place your feet out in front of you, about the width of two feet apart.
- Slide down the wall by bending your knees until they are at a 90° angle.
- Now, get ready to feel the burn – you’ll need to find the stamina and hold this position for one minute and repeat.
Not only does this simple exercise help shape and tone your posterior, but it also strengthens your quads and enhances thigh and hip flexibility – what’s not to love?
Time to incline with incline push ups
You’ll be able to take on this workout with the use of household equipment too – a stable chair or bed will do the trick. Although ‘normal’ push-ups may not be your go-to activity, incline push-ups have been designed to work out the lower chest and back and are an easy way to strengthen your core for those who can’t perform regular push ups. This short workout will get your whole body up and working, with minimal effort! And it’s so simple…
- Stand facing your chair or bed and place your hands on the edge, slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Take your feet right back so your body is straight and then lower your chest to the chair or bed and lift upwards with your arms.
- Repeat for 10-12 reps to really make the most of your home workout.
Put your best foot forward for a single leg chair squat
Perfect to enhance your glutes and a great way to enhance quad strength too, the single leg chair squat tests your balance, and gives you a great leg work out without the need for a machine.
- Simply sit on your chair with one foot flat on the ground and the other leg raised.
- Slowly stand up straight, keeping your raised leg off the ground, then lower yourself to sit on the chair once again.
- Repeat this 10-12 times and then switch legs – we’d make today leg day if we were you.
So if you’re self-isolating, cooped up in the house, working from home or simply can’t get to the gym, there is no excuse not to keep on top of your fitness regime. These easy go-to exercises are simple and can be performed pretty much anywhere.
If you’re looking for more workout tips and advice, head to the Grenade® blog or visit the Grenade® Instagram page for more inspiration.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.