MAN v FAT Newsround 11/8/2017
Welcome to our weekly news roundup, where we’ll celebrate your progress, bring you news from the MAN v FAT football leagues plus keep you up to date with all the latest goings-on in the world of weight loss, fitness and food.
FROM THE MAN v FAT FOOTBALL LEAGUES
- The Weston-super-Mare league is now three weeks in and players have lost a combined total of 300kg, with 16 players losing 5% of their body weight. MAN v FAT Football coach Roger Smith said: “The lads have done an amazing job there so far with a great spirit within the league. They have started the league with an incredible attitude to both their individual and collective weight loss, and the results shown are a testament to the focus they have. It’s also obvious that they are hungry (no pun intended) for as much information as possible to continue driving the whole league forward and I really look forward to watching their progress.”
- An inspiring story this week from player Paul Blunn, who has lost over 10kg in just eight weeks. Paul, who plays for 17 Stone Roses in the Manchester league, said: “I never saw myself doing weight loss schemes or ‘being on a diet’, it just didn’t appeal to me, but combining the same principles with exercise and especially football is the genius of it.” You can read his story over on the forum.
- For members of our leagues who are itching to square up against teams from other parts of the UK, MAN v FAT Football will be returning to St George’s Park this December for an inter-league tournament open to all players who achieve 5% body weight loss in seasons leading up to it.
WHAT WE’RE READING
- Staying active may be the key to beating dementia. http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/838179/dementia-uk-disease-nhs-exercise-diet-risk
- Could eating 8 almonds and 2 dates for breakfast really help with a good night’s sleep? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/08/06/eating-perfect-breakfast-good-nights-sleep
- New research has found that green tea boosts weight loss and brain function, which might make how disgusting it is worth it, we suppose. http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/08/01/green-tea-boosts-weight-loss-brain-function-in-four-months-study_c1608135
FROM THE FORUM
- Calorie counting vs common sense: How meticulously should you watch what you eat? Find out what some MAN v FAT members thinkt: https://talk.manvfat.com/t/calorie-counting-vs-common-sense/24718
Over to you – what would you like to see more of in our weekly news round-ups? More forum stories? More new products? Want some fascinating trivia, sure you do…Let us know what you want and as is tradition we’ll steal all the best ideas and pass them off as our own!