Who knew you could do THIS with a Muller Light? | The MAN v FAT Newsround 27/10/2017
Welcome to our weekly news roundup, where we’ll celebrate your progress, bring you news from the MAN v FAT football leagues plus keep you up to date with all the latest goings-on in the world of weight loss, fitness and food.
FROM THE MAN v FAT FOOTBALL LEAGUES
It’s time to dust off your tuxedo and polish your best shoes, because MAN v FAT Football has been nominated for two, yes TWO awards *cue loud rapturous applause from the crowd*. That’s right ladies and gents, all of the hard work put in up and down the country is being recognised: what an achievement!
Starting with the Leyton Orient league, which is just coming towards the end of its second season and which has been nominated for the ‘Best Physical Activity and Health Project’ prize at the Waltham Forest Sports Awards.
The Oldbury league has been nominated for the ‘Community Impact’ award in the Black Country Sport and Physical Activity Awards – a great achievement for a league which is one of MAN v FAT Football’s longest running leagues, now a good way through their third season.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks for the results of these nominations. Both award nights are set to take place in November; all of us here at MAN v FAT wish the coaches, players and everybody else involved in the respective leagues the best of luck.
WHAT WE’RE EATING
This week’s featured product isn’t that much of a secret in the world of healthy food alternatives; Muller Light yogurts have been a staple in the fridges of dietsrs ever since they were released. With all of Muller’s yogurts from their ‘light’ range being fat-free, they’re perfect for filling a gap during the day at work, or for a tasty snack after tea. As good as they are in their natural form, did you know that if you leave them in the freezer until set (being sure to stir often), they transform into a scrumptious fat-free ice cream? Yum. There are endless possibilities to what flavour your ice cream can be; strawberry or vanilla for the traditionalists out there, or if you’re feeling a little more adventurous you could experiment with smooth toffee, or for a limited time only, rhubarb crumble and custard. Whether your preference is a lightly whipped yogurt, or a smooth and crisp engineered ice cream they’re available at Tesco for £0.68 / tub.
- Good news for those who like their coffee extra sugary and calorie-laden – the Starbucks festive drinks are on their way! This year’s offerings include the usual suspects – gingerbread latte, fudge hot chocolate, toffee nut latte and eggnog latte plus a new festive cold brew with orange and cranberry. Available from 2nd November or you can get them even earlier if you’re a My Starbucks Rewards member. Just keep 600 calories or so spare for the day and you’ll be all set.
WHAT WE’RE READING
- Speaking of Starbucks, check out this frankly quite horrifying look at the custom drinks one barista had to make in the US. I need a sugar-overload-induced lie down just looking at some of these.
- ‘Running on a treadmill whilst watching the television’ is possibly one of the most 21st century statements imaginable, but ‘surprisingly’ it isn’t any good for your health either.
- We all love a bargain, especially when it’s on our favourite bottle of beer or vino, but could new proposals see a ban on the sale of cheap alcohol in Wales?
- Stress, stress, stress, everywhere we look nowadays there’s stress. Take a deep breath and have a read of the best way of relieving all of that toxic stress: peaceful meditation – don’t give us that look, just give it a go.
WHAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT
- It’s officially less than 60 days until Christmas (*weeps*), but as the nights get shorter and the temperature drops, it’s getting harder to keep that motivation for losing weight going (especially when mince pies start appearing on the shelves again), but these tips should keep you going until Christmastime.
- You may remember that some of the MAN v FAT Football players were taking part in a ‘run every day in October’ challenge, well good news for those who enjoyed it, or missed out the first time around, because a fellow MAN v FAT member is running an extension through November – why don’t you get involved?
- We love hearing about your weight loss achievements, so go on, show us your graphs!
Over to you – what would you like to see more of in our weekly news round-ups? More forum stories? More new products? Want some fascinating trivia, sure you do…Let us know what you want and as is tradition we’ll steal all the best ideas and pass them off as our own!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.