Much of the support you will receive during this period is a continuation of the wider weight loss and player support you receive week to week and month to month as part of your membership.
The MAN v FAT HQ team is keen to ensure that this support is delivered in an effective way and that you still feel a part of the MAN v FAT community, even if you’re not able to play football in the immediate future.
In the first week that the leagues were not playing, we launched some great support, including:-
– TRACKING: We’ve set up firstname.lastname@example.org, where you can send in your week’s food diary and receive expert comment and advice on how you can make dietary and nutritional improvements.
An e-version of the food diary forms will also be uploaded onto the Players Resources section of our website, but you can also submit a photo of your food diary or a screenshot from MyFitnessPal.
– ASSISTING: We’ve developed a 52 page MAN v FAT Exercise Booklet, which provides you with exercises of different levels of difficulty to do around the house and in the garden. You can access this resource here.
You will need a resistance band for many of the exercises – there are plenty available online, including on eBay for quick delivery.
– TALKING: We’ll be trebling our MAN v FAT TALKS sessions to three a week, with more helpful guidance from experts in their field. One of these TALKS will also provide you with the opportunity to hear about our plans and to pose questions to Managing Director Tim Roberts and Head of Football Richard Crick (taking place on Friday 20th March, 17.00).
MAN v FAT TALKS are broadcast in the MAN v FAT Players Facebook group – and we’re also providing selected highlights of each TALK, so you can catch up at any time.
You can find the TALKS schedule here.
This is what else we’re doing…
– GUIDING: We’re opening up the Player Support Line (0345 163 0042) to also offer you weight loss advice and guidance between 10am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
– COOKING: We’ve been sending you a series of new, healthy recipes to add to your repertoire of good food as we aim to help you stay on track.
– CHALLENGING: We have lined up a series of great MAN v FAT challenges for you to take on in this period, which will be distributed via your WhatsApp groups.
Our aim is for you to be able to participate digitally with other MAN v FAT Football players and have a bit of fun along the way and the full package details will be available very soon.