The countdown to the MAN v FAT Football tournament begins | Newsround 10/11/2017
Welcome to our weekly news roundup, where we’ll celebrate your progress, bring you news from the MAN v FAT football leagues plus keep you up to date with all the latest goings-on in the world of weight loss, fitness and food.
FROM THE MAN v FAT FOOTBALL LEAGUES
- It’s just under a month until 34 MAN V FAT teams will take to the hallowed turf (or the Sir Alf Ramsey indoor 3G pitch) at the spectacular St George’s Park, home to the development of all of England’s national teams – it’s set to be an enthralling competition, with the best of the best going head to head to see which league has the best amazing losers.
Each league will have ten players drawn from a hat filled with the names of those who have achieved their 5% target in either the current season or the last season, and you only have had to hit this target in one of the seasons to be eligible. Are you reading this and thinking “that’s me!”? Make sure you’ve posted your name on the relevant forum post by noon on the 24th of November and you’ll be in the draw.
- For those who haven’t reached this milestone yet, that gives you just about two weeks to hit that target, so put down the chocolate bar and start shifting the pounds because you do not want to miss this.
It isn’t just the matches you have to look forward to either, with a number of activities set to take place throughout the day – a showcase of all the great things MAN v FAT Football is about.
- When it comes down to it we all know it’s easy to talk the talk, but who will be the one wheeling away, shirt off, sliding across the St George’s Park pitch after scoring an absolute ‘worldie’? Will it be you?
Stay tuned on here and on the forum for more updates in the coming weeks.
WHAT WE’RE EATING
- If you’ve never had a frittata, quite simply, you’re missing out. Best described as a mix between a quiche and a pizza, there are endless possibilities and flavour combinations for this Italian classic. It’s hard to pick a problem with this dish, but if there has to be one it will be they’re extremely high in fat; but step forward Higgidy and their all-new frittata range. Baked rather than fried and completely free of pastry, which means even those looking to cut down on calories can enjoy fritatta yumminess. For example, one of Higgidy’s signature frittatas, the Cherrybell Pepper, Feta and Spinach frittata, only contains under 148 calories per slice – now they are worth the calories.
WHAT WE’RE READING
- New trials could see GP appointments take place over a video call – is this a step too far in the digital revolution, or perfect opportunism by an overstretched NHS?
- Is the current political environment having a direct negative impact on the population’s stress levels?
- The key to recovering from an injury is the right mindset – Tony Parsons shares his best tips on how to get back to fitness as soon as possible.
WHAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT
- We’re excited. You’re excited. Everybody is excited for the upcoming St. George’s Park tournament, but as we count down the days, you need to make sure you know how you qualify for the team in your league – you do not want to miss this! https://talk.manvfat.com/c/events
- Do you think you’d be able to help this forum user, who seems to be doing everything right yet has gone three weeks without losing any weight? https://talk.manvfat.com/t/what-am-i-doing-wrong-three-weeks-now-with-no-weight-loss/27399
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“It doesn’t matter what routine you do, if there is a lack of interest or target to help motivate you, any exercise routine is doomed to failure. (Take it from someone who knows this only too well.)” – @cwillow summing up the importance of having the right mindset before starting out with a new form of exercise/routine.